Reclosable zip lock bags are widely chosen for shipping, packaging and storage applications. Made to offer outstanding protection to the products, these zip lock bags are immensely useful for several applications across industries ranging from food, manufacturing, electronics, construction, automotive and many others. Clear zip plastic bags are available in several sizes and mil thicknesses to meet the varied storage, display, and shipping requirements of the customers. As a user, you would be confused to make the right purchase from the options of several sizes available. So, how to choose the right size and mil thickness for your applications. This post is intended to discuss this in brief.How to Choose the Right Size and Mil Thickness While purchasing Clear Zip Plastic Bags
Choosing the right sized zip lock bags are extremely important for your specific storage applications. Choosing a small bag can lead to split or tear when the user tries to fit in the content in the bag. Similarly, a large bag would cost more, whilst also adding difficulty in handling. So, how can you determine if the chosen bag rightly fits your applications?A few guidelines to consider to get the right fit clear zip plastic bags include:
- To get the length (L) of the bag, measure from the base of the re-closable seal to the bottom of the bag.
- To get the Width (W) of the bag, measure from side to side.
- If your application demands storing rigid items, choose a bag that is ½ʺ more to the measured width (W) of the bag. Choosing the bag following this calculation allows the rigid item to easily pass through the bag opening without any difficulty.
- As per thickens or bulkiness of the items, adjust the dimensions accordingly. For instances, you may add ½ʺ to 2ʺ to both sides of the bag for a looser fit.
As clear zip plastic bags are offered in several sizes, they are also manufactured in varied mil thicknesses. You must choose Zip lock bags with the right thickness to get the expected results. A few things to remember while choosing mil for the bags include:
- Choose reclosable bags with 1 Mil to store products for a shorter time.
- Select 1.5 Mil zip bags if your application demands protecting the items from dirt, and moisture, among others.
- Choose 2 Mil clear ziplock plastic bags to store products requiring normal protection.
- 3 Mil bags are usually chosen when there is a need for extra protection when storing nuts, bolts, or other industrial parts.
- Make use of 4 Mil zip lock bags to store metal parts that require heavy-duty protection.
- 6 Mil bags are usually chosen to store bulky items or sharp cornered parts. The bags with this thickness impart extra heavy-duty protection to the items stored.
Your confusions regarding selecting the right sized clear zip plastic bags can be rectified by talking to the manufacturer from whom you are procuring the item from. Almost all the leading plastic bag manufacturing and packaging supplies companies like Universal Plastics would maintain a competent customer care team who stands committed to clarify the doubts of the customers regarding the selection of the right sized bags. Such leading manufacturers also lead you towards a wise purchase after analyzing your application requirements to the fullest!